GexCon US offers testing services through our parent company GexCon AS in Norway. GexCon can also work in cooperation with other test institutions if required.
The team at GexCon has been performing advanced testing in the field of dust and gas explosion and dispersion for three decades at various scales. Gas dispersion and explosion work is very challenging, and a competent test team is essential for success. At GexCon we also have the possibility to combine the testing activity with FLACS simulation work, to improve planning and interpretation of experimental results.
Through GexCon AS we can offer the following types of testing:
- Standard Tests Dust Explosions (Pmax, Kst, etc.)
- Laboratory scale testing (explosion, dispersion and more)
- Large scale testing (explosion, dispersion and more)
The equipment at the dust explosion laboratory is according to European Standards.
Typical testing projects may involve performing work to obtain ATEX certification of equipment, or any other type of functionality testing, such as:
- Severity of explosions inside equipment and resulting damage
- Extent of equipment damage within the gas explosion
- Evaluation and optimization of mitigation equipment and methods
- Research projects to build knowledge in a field
If you wish to perform challenging experiments, but do not want to perform the experiments outside the USA, GexCon US can also help you coordinate/plan the experiments, with or without the use of FLACS, and to identify a cooperation partner who may perform the actual experiments.