FLACS is a leading CFD explosion modeling software for gas explosion calculations in petrochemical industry as well as within hydrogen safety. It is also a preferred software by many for modeling dispersion of flammable or toxic materials.
GexCon US is the sales office for FLACS in North-America and we also provide support for FLACS customers.
FLACS is extensively used for gas dispersion and explosion modeling within many industries. For some general information and background on FLACS, you may download the FLACS brochure or read the FLACS-Newsletters.
FLACS is the required explosion modeling tool by several oil and gas companies for their explosion hazard assessments. Furthermore, the requirements in the oil and gas industry by standards such as ISO 13702, NORSOK Z-013, ISO/DIS 19901-3 are difficult to fulfill without a tool having similar capabilities as FLACS. The applicability of other industry guidelines (e.g. explosion venting) may have severe limitations or may be far too conservative in detailed geometries, and as such, many standards allow for the use of validated mathematical explosion models, such as FLACS, as an alternate methodology.
Other important reasons for choosing FLACS are:
- Extensively validated against experiments (more than any competing software)
- Performed well in several CFD blind benchmarks
- Efficiently handles large geometry models (greater than 100,000 objects) as a CAD-import or manual
- Dedicated and efficient user interfaces for explosion and dispersion
- Wide applicability, can do both dispersion & explosion with same setup
- Active R&D, new functionality is constantly developed
- Available both on Windows and Linux operating systems
The best way to evaluate if FLACS may be of value to you is to join a 4-day FLACS training course and thereafter receive a 1 month trial version. The pricing for FLACS is flexible, with options that include:
- Buying or leasing (annual or monthly)
- FLACS full functionality or reduced functionality (e.g. only dispersion, explosion or hydrogen)
- Multi-user and multi-site discounts are beneficial for volume users of the software.
For more information please contact: