FLACS is the industry standard for CFD modelling and one of the best validated tools for modelling flammable and toxic releases in the industrial safety context.
By modelling with CFD in full 3D it is possible to predict consequences more accurately and to include the effect of all contributing and mitigating effects, such as confinement and congestions due to real geometry, ventilation and deluge.
35 Years of Validation
FLACS combines the power and versatility of 3D CFD models with more than 35 years of extensive validation work and intuitive graphical user interface. This combination provides a comprehensive, yet easy to use, software tool for modelling dispersion and explosion consequences in full 3D for all typical flammable and toxic release scenarios.
FLACS is used extensively in the oil, gas and process industries, in a number of nuclear institutes and increasingly many other industries.
A better understanding and higher accuracy of results contributes to raising the true level of safety and allows designers to choose effective design options and mitigation measures, and thereby improve safety and manage project cost.
Cost Efficient Measures to Reduce Risk
Safety studies are often only a modest part of the total project scope. However, the results of these studies provide important input to disciplines such as process, structural and piping and can therefore have a wide impact on project design choices and subsequently cost/schedule.
With ever more complex installations and projects, it is paramount to use the most accurate and validated 3D consequence and modelling tool available.
FLACS provides a solid framework for evaluating various design options and helps in choosing the most cost efficient and practical measures to reduce risk. It can help your company or your clients achieve the expected high standards of safety.
Applications for FLACS
- Offshore and onshore studies
- Onshore building risk assessments
- Installation/module layout optimization
- LNG siting studies
- Gas detector optimization
- Toxic dispersion calculation
- Dust explosions
- Accident and incident investigation
Main Features of FLACS
- Full 3D Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) modelling
- Developed in collaboration with oil, gas and process industry leaders
- Continuously developed and validated over the past 35 years
- Integrated dispersion and explosion modelling
- Geometry import
- Very easy to use compared to other CFD tools
- Superior accuracy and versatility compared to analytical phenomenological models
- The only CFD tool approved by the US government for LNG facility siting
- Available for both Windows and Linux
Functionality of FLACS
- Highly efficient setup of scenarios and running of simulations
- All environmental conditions, any wind speed
- Effects of actual geometries, which is usually dominant for gas dispersion and explosions
- Can include various mitigation measures, as explosion relief panels or water deluge
- Transient modelling
- Two-phase modelling: HEM & Liquid pool model
- Better understanding of the phenomena and results
- Comprehensive user guidelines based on extensive validation against experiments
- Can be used in all phases of design: From concept design, through FEED to detailed engineering
Contact us for a Demo of FLACS
Further information is available on www.flacs.com. Here you will find up to date information about:
- New FLACS releases
- Technical requirements
- How to purchase FLACS
- FLACS User Group
- FLACS case studies and brochures